Friends know that I like to cook and entertain, but when it comes to cooking for one, it can get old eating the same thing 4 or more times in a week. Except for tacos. There are so many variations that I never get sick of them.
Pictured is one of my weekly go-to meals that is both easy and compliant for those of us living a low-fat, whole food plant-based lifestyle (LFWFPB). The ingredients change out depending on what’s in my fridge.
Quick and Easy Tacos
- Trader Joe’s Corn Tortillas
- Trader Joe’s Fat Free Refried Beans
- Trader Joe’s frozen onions and peppers – steamed and sprinkled with Adobo seasoning
- Mushrooms (other veggies I use are zucchini or asparagus) - steamed
- Pea Shoots (other greens I use are arugula, romaine lettuce or kale)
- Trader’s Joes Salsa Verde
Heat up the corn tortillas spread with refried beans and topped with the steamed veggies in the microwave then add the greens and salsa verde. Voila – you have a meal!
Also on the plate is my favorite Detox Salad that I made to have ready for this week. Recipe is here.
Thanks for reading!
#wfpb #wholefoodplantbased #wholefoodplantbasednooil #vegan #T2D #type2diabetes #reversingdiabetes #plantstrong #oilfree #tacos #tacotuesday